Gas leaks are not only an extreme waste of a valuable natural resource, but they also pose serious safety hazards, particularly when they occur in homes in dense, highly populated neighborhoods. While it is up to the homeowner to detect the smell of leaking gas and call a professional, it is up to the energy company to properly and effectively oversee its operations such that the risk of an accident is minimal. Sadly, this level of care is not always provided, and terrible accidents can occur. In such a situation, it would be wise to contact an expert personal injury attorney at 617-787-3700.
In the northwest area of Dallas, Texas, a tragic explosion brought on by a gas leak killed a 12-year old girl, and left several other members of her family seriously injured. The family then brought a lawsuit against Atmos Energy, alleging that the company had prior notice of the smell of gas in the neighborhood, but nevertheless failed to take proper precautions.
The suit also alleges that workers from Atmos had been in the neighborhood just days before the accident, investigating two other gas-related incidents on an adjacent street. Yet the company still failed to implement any evacuation procedures, and eventually the home exploded, leaving Linda Rodgers dead, with her grandmother and father seriously injured. The Rodgers family is represented by attorney Mary Christian Barr, of Dallas Texas.
If you or a loved one has been injured as the result of an explosion, you may be entitled to monetary relief. Act now and contact one of our expert explosion accident attorneys here at the Law Offices of Gilbert R. Hoy, Jr. and Affiliates to discuss your potential claim. Call our Massachusetts injury lawyer specialists today at 617-787-3700 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for your free and private consultation. Your needs are our top priority!